Tuesday, June 21, 2011

God In The Garden, God in Everything


This is the first year my wife and I have planted a garden. It's a small, box garden tucked away in the back corner of our yard. This first year, the garden contains tomatoes, cucumbers, green and JalapeƱo peppers, squash, and eggplant and we have high hopes of expanding next year.

I LOVE IT.

It's therapeutic for me and I believe I am somehow more open, and more aware of the Creator when I am working in the garden, or with the creation.


My kids love it as well. My son, Durgin, helps we water and My daughter, Eisley, is always so excited to go out in the mornings to discover what is ready to be picked. We pick, we water, and we observe the bumble bees buzzing from flower to flower to which Eisley will say, "The flowers help the bees and the bees help the flowers."

The garden is one more place i experience God. I believe God can be found in everything if we would only seek Her in everything. I am always reminded of what Jacob said when he awoke from his dream, "Surely the Lord was in this place and I wasn't aware of it."

I wonder how often we are in the presence of God and we are just not aware of it?

Go, be aware, and experience God in something today.

3 comments:

JustinGaynor said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Tell me, how did you start your garden? Been thiking about starting my own, but I don't know where to begin.

Jkub said...

We built a box and filled it with soil instead of tilling up the land. Very easy to do and I think probably easier to maintain/add on to from year to year.