Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Brief Word About The Wild Goose

The Wild Goose has come and gone and I finally have a moment to write how much I enjoyed and appreciated this festival.

So I will start by saying that I am grateful for all of those involved in making this event happen. It was a huge success and I can't wait for next year.

I am not going to write in detail all that I liked about "the goose", and there isn't much I disliked. I enjoyed the whole experience.

I see these events mostly as a chance to catch up with old friends as well as meet new ones, and both of those tasks were accomplished. It is also refreshing to be able to have open, honest, conversations with people who are in somewhat of a similar mindset as I am. So, thanks for all the talks.

I will say there were a few highlights aside from hanging with friends.

There were of course some great talks by...

My friends Jay Bakker and Pete Rollins. These guys are always so passionate and honest about their message. And funny.

My Cohort partner, Anthony Smith who always ties things together so nicely. Very convicting truths from this man.

Nadia Bolts-Weber, a crowd favorite as well as a personal favorite of mine.

Of course Brian McLaren who always speaks with compassions and is so gracious. I learn so much from this man in how he handles those who criticize him.

One of my favorite talks was from Frank Schaeffer who I had never heard speak before. Such honesty, and I can relate to where he comes from.

Then there is the music...

All the artist were great and so talented.

I really enjoy getting to watch (and meet) Jennifer Knapp. She was great.

Two artist I really like and were so glad to see there were Derek Webb and David Bazan.

And as always, More than a mere hour long set but more like an hour long spiritual experience, is my friend, Rev Vince Anderson. This guy is amazing and if you ever have the chance to see him live you will not regret it.

There were, of course, many more authors/musicians/theologians ect. that I did not mention here, but i encourage you to go read up on all those who attended the Goose.

Again, It was great seeing all of my friends who live all over the country, and it was so good to make new friends. And thanks to Tony Jones and Doug Pagitt for hosting some awesome parties at the Patheos RV, it all made for a memorable weekend.

No comments: