Friday, April 29, 2011

Writing Throughout Resurrection Season

Throughout this Easter season I plan to write a little on resurrection as well as death and crucifixion, which I touched on yesterday.

I haven't had as much time to write lately, but I'll try to post as consistently as I can.

I've been reading N.T. Wright and Marcus Borg lately, and you probably know that these two theologians have very different understandings when it comes to Jesus, the crucifixion, and the resurrection.

One sees the resurrection as a literal/physical event and the basis of a hopeful eschatology while the other sees the physical/bodily resurrection as more of a distraction from the deeper, more mystical meaning of Jesus. (As well as something that could not have been video taped)

While I do have a position on this particular topic I do find merit with what both authors are saying.

So starting next week I hope to post of few thoughts on the subject and a few reasons why I hold to the position I hold to while looking at some of the text concerning the resurrection. (and death of Jesus).

I hope that you will join me.

Grace and Peace,

No comments: