Friday, April 1, 2011

Practicing Spirituality


I haven't been able to post as much as I would like to lately. Classes have taken up way more time than I would like, But I hope that changes soon or maybe I just need to do a better job of managing my time.

Anyway...

I am currently reading "The Sacred Way, Spiritual Practices for Everyday Life" by Tony Jones. I am not far into it but from what I have read I think I'm going to enjoy it, as well as get a lot out of it.

I committed to reading the book during Lent in order to incorporate some of the spiritual practices into my daily life. Practices such as silence, Sacred Reading, meditation, fasting, the daily office, prayer and many more.

Prayer is something I struggle with. I do pray, but I am not really sure why. So I hope to explore that a little more in the weeks to come.

My hope is simply to be OPEN... Open to new possibilities, to new understandings, and open to experiencing the presence of the Creator.

Grace and Peace.

No comments: