Friday, March 11, 2011

Upcoming Discussions I am Looking Forward To

Doing a couple of "group reads" coming up in the near future which I am sure will inspire some post.

My wife and I just began to read through the gospel of Mark together for Lent. Since we have such different schedules we are reading at different times and writing down our thoughts and questions so we can discuss them with one another.

This is something I am really looking forward to. Mark is believed to be the oldest of the four gospels and much of Matthew and Luke were copied from it. Its interesting to see how and ask "why" Matthew and Luke add to some of their accounts of certain events.

I am sure I'll be sharing some of our questions and discussions which stem from our readings and conversations.

The Statesville Emergent Cohort is also planning to read the new Rob Bell book, "Love Wins, A Book About Heaven, Hell, and The Fate Of Every Person Who Has Ever Lived.", and again, I know I'll be writing about some of the content and questions that Rob presents in the book.

If you are interested in joining us for this read and discussion please let me know. We haven't decided on specific details as to when and how often we will be gathering, but I'll post that information as soon as it's available.

You can also check out and "like" the Statesville Emergent Cohort Facebook page to find out more info as well as receive updates on gatherings, discussions, and special events.

I am really looking forward to all of the upcoming conversations and hope some of you will join in.

No comments: