There are MANY things in Mark 2 in which we could discuss, but I'll just point out a few that Mel and I touched on.
-people destroy Jesus' house and he doesn't care. He doesn't kick them out. I bet the "Financial Committee" was p*ssed.
- a paralytic man's sins were forgiven because of the faith of his 4 friends, not his own. (Guess that's what "sharing your faith" means)
- a man's sins were forgiven before Jesus died on the cross! (?)
- Jesus seems to "hear" what the religious leaders are thinking.
- Jesus is called a "blasphemer" because he didn't do things the way the religious leaders thought he should. Glad that doesn't happen today.
- "Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?"
- Jesus didn't come to call the righteous, but sinners
- apparently it's ok if you mow your yard on Sunday if you want to... But you don't have to. I know many people who get upset over that.