Friday, January 7, 2011

Your Thoughts On Grace

I received Jay Bakker's new book, "Fall To Grace, A Revolution of God, Self, and Society" in the mail a few days ago.. I am very much looking forward to reading it. I am sure it won't take me long and I am sure it will provok several blogs.

But its arrival has got me thinking about Grace... Something most of us talk about and sing about on a weekly basis, but do we ever really think about it, what it really means.

I am sure in the next week or two I'll be writing much about grace and MY thoughts about it and what it means to me... But first, I would like to know your thoughts.

What is grace to you? What does it mean for others? Do you think one can "get" it? Can one have it taken away? What have you been taught about grace? Who is it for?...

You get the point.

I look forward to reading your thoughts and sharing some of my own.

GRACE and Peace,

1 comment:

JustinGaynor said...

Very excited to hear your thoughts! Hope you enjoy the book, isn't it awesome to be provoked into reflection with God. Love it! Spiritual warfare at it's most profound. Right off the bat, in response to a few of your questions...

What is grace to you?

Grace is to me like living waters flowing up from inside and raining down upon me on a parched summer day.

What does it mean for others?

Couldn't say. I'd have to have a conversation with them. ;-) Thanks for the opportunity to dialog.

Do you think one can "get" it?

I think one can 'receive' it.

Can one have it taken away?

Grace can hide itself from us,but it's still there...we just have to seek it out. We can also chose to hide ourselves from it, or turn our back on it.

What have you been taught about grace?

It's amazing.

Who is it for?

I am of the opinion that Grace is FOR everyone; however, it is unfortunate that everyone is not for Grace. I think they will be though...I have hope :-).

Grace and Peace, May the Father and Son be yours in abundance by the Holy Spirit.