Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Last Night

As you probably know, last night marked the first meeting of the Statesville Emergent Cohort and I must say it was awesome. Great people, great stories and conversation, and of course good coffee. (Thanks Starbucks).

We began began by sharing our stories, and telling about what brought us to this particular conversation. It was great to hear everyones stories and backgrounds, and how there experiences have shaped who they have become.

Apart from the stories we touched on a few issues here and there.

Quote of the night goes to Brian Harrell (who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time last night).

"what about my sister Mary? She can carry the Word for 9 months, raise it, but she can't preach it?"

Anyway, it was a great night and I am already looking forward to next months gathering.

I hope you'll join us.

Grace and Peace,

No comments: