Saturday, January 1, 2011

Funny As Hell

Time for a quick rant to start off the new year!

In the past I have talked a little about hell and I even got to write a paper on it this past semester, and if I've learned one thing...it's that Christians seem to really like their doctrine of hell. Thats cool. I can understand why it's imoportant to hold on to a "doctrine" like this... People who are worse than we are need to get what's coming to them,, but here is what I don't get.

People who believe in a place where people will burn/suffer for eternity and yet make light of it.

Such as this hilarious sign posted below...



Get it? Because some people will be on fire for eternity, hahahahahahahaha. That's great.

Jesus Loves You!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Definitely do not agree with the message that this church is sending and unfortunately this is the message that a lot of "Christians" portray. The attitude does come across as "they are getting what they deserve!" Aside from whether or not an actual hell exists it is something that we all deserve apart from Christ. These people are leaving out the important Biblical concept of grace, but I know that you know that and probably agree with that.

If I may I will leave you with a couple more Tim Keller quotes in regards to hell:

"If we were to lose his presence totally, that would be hell-the loss of our capability for giving or receiving love or joy."

"Hell, then, is the trajectory of a soul, living a self-absorbed, self-centered life, going on and on forever."