Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Love Sundays!

I just wanted to take a moment to express how much I have been enjoying the past few Sundays. My wife and I, along with a few close friends, have started gathering on Sunday nights to do Church.

We meet every Sunday at our house around 5:00 to have dinner, fellowship, and discussion. I can only speak for myself, but it has been a breath of fresh air. Especially the open discussions we are having with one another.

We are currently making our way through Genesis, taking our time, as we dissect each chapter and verse and getting everyones thoughts and opinions on the text. Everyone can participate and everyones opinion matters. Its great to see how everyone's different backgrounds, upbringings, and convictions affects the way they read and understand the text.

I am thankful for a group of people who are open enough to experience the text in this way, for there are times it can be challenging and scary to see a different perspective of the story. But I think it builds our relationships as well as our faith.

The idea is to create a space that everyone feels safe to voice their questions, different beliefs, fears, and even doubts. For me, this is what has been missing in past experiences... a place to express how I really feel.

And so I really look forward to not only next Sunday but also what the future holds for us.


For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.

1 comment:

paultilly said...

Wait a minute! When do you sing the three hymns? When is the alter call? When do you tell people what time to show up for door to door visitation.

...and most importantly what time is Sunday School?

*Removes tongue from cheek*