Monday, May 17, 2010

Friends






It was so nice to be able to escape to the beach this past weekend. My wife and I, plus our two kids, took a little retreat to the coast with some amazing friends of ours. It was great to get away with our two families. There were eight of us in all… four adults and four kids, and though our time there was short, we had a blast and just to be able to get away for awhile was well worth the 5 hour drive there and back.

I am realizing more and more how blessed we are to have the friends we do. There are several couples in our lives who we can truly call our best friends. They are friends we can be ourselves around, friends we can be open with, share beliefs with while at the same time completely disagree with and it not affect our friendships. They are friends who love our kids and our kids love them. Friends who have been there for us and who we know we can count on to be there for us in the future.

I think I take friendships for granted most of the time so I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the great friends that we are blessed to share our lives with.

We love all of you!

2 comments:

paultilly said...

You mean to tell me we dont always agree??? I'm devastated.


As for the blog....Ditto.

melissa said...

awww i love this one!!! and i love our friends too. we are so so blessed!